Sunday 8 February 2015

Review: Chloe- Love Story Eau de Parfum



Hi Everyone!

So it's been a busy day.

Been running errands all day and I'm exhausted. So decided to wind down by writing a new for a new perfume I just just received.


It's the new Chloe Love story fragrance and I have to say it was love at first whiff. It's amazing! But before I get to the scent let just talk packaging. It's not your usual perfume box where you have to undo the flaps at the top and have to slide the product unceremoniously into your hand while trying not to drop your new purchase on the floor. If you're like me you usually have to open your new perfumes in the privacy of you room with no one around so that you don't have to go through the embarrassment of dropping in front of your friends and loved ones while they point and laugh. The Chloe box opens like a present, the top comes off and your beautiful bottle of perfume greets you from the safety of its chic white box.



The bottle is gorgeous, it's square and textured with vertical lines. The top edge of the bottle is wrapped in gold and embossed with the Chloe logo and love story is written in gold script towards the bottom. There is a ribbon attached making the the whole thing feel more like a gift but lets just talk about the cap. the bottle comes with instructions on how to remove the cap from the bottle. and the instructions are written on this little note card that is so cute (I forgot to photograph it I apologise). Removing the cap involves flipping down the gold crescent before pulling clear cap off but the complication is well worth it once you get to the scent.



The top notes are orange blossom, with heart notes of stephanotis jasmine and base notes of cedar wood.
Now I love cedar wood, it's not too sweet and gives you a really love last scent that's not too over powering and lasts all day and I mean it this is a long lasting scent and it's brilliant because that's what everyone wants out of the scent they're wearing. The orange blossom and jasmine definitely come through as well, when i was wearing the scent (before i read what the notes where) i was trying to figure it out and all that kept coming to mind was that it was both floral and citrusy and just amazing.

The scent makes you think of romance and summer, and happy thoughts. It makes me want to go for picnic, or a romantic dinner for two.

All in all, I really loved this scent. So much so I've decided to save for my wedding day. Yes that's right i will not be wearing this absolutely gorgeous fragrance again till I walk down the aisle that way I know I will only be thinking the happy romantic thoughts I should be on that day.

If you'd like to get this I have the 50ml eau de parfum which is available from Boots, Debenhams and House of Fraser and retails for around £65.


Thanks for reading!

Follow me here on blogger or at any of the below links:


Instagram





2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
Let me know follow you then back.
Lovely greets Nessa

Hestia Dimitri said...

Thanks!! Followed! Had a quick look at your blog it looks amazing! Will definitely be spending my weekend looking through all your posts! Xx