Sunday 15 February 2015

Review: Bourjois Colorband; eyeshadow & liner

Hey!

Hope you all had a nice relaxing Sunday!

As promised it's a make up review today and it's for Bourjois Colorband (being British this spelling of colour is killing me) but it's the brand's choice not mine. Now this product is new to UK market as part of the Bourjois range and I have shade 03 beige minimaliste.


So as usual let's start with the packaging.
Not much to say but I will say the colours of the sticks (before you remove the lid) are really representative of the colours as they look and as they apply. Which I think is great, there are quite a few products out there where the packaging can really misrepresent the colour you get from the product but Bourjois has always been really great at getting the right colours for their packaging.




For the pigmentation of the product Bourjois is still true to form, you get beautiful pigmentation from these shadow sticks. Now I love nudes, I much prefer a natural look to being fully made up, especially since I don't wear make up that often when I do I like to look like I'm not wearing anything or just wearing a nice hint of sparkle (got to love a hint of sparkle). I've never liked the overly made up look on myself I always feel really obvious so I either stay away from make up all together preferring to concentrate on keeping my skin healthy or when I do feel to do something a little special I'll opt for a natural look and maybe if I'm feeling brave a nice smoky eye with a nude lip. This colour is beautiful a great shimmery nude can be wore alone of would look beautiful in a smoky eye.

Top: Blended Swatch (sparkly)
Bottom: Block Swatch

The formulation of this shadow stick is lush, it's creamy and smooth and blends out beautifully. It takes a little time to set but once it does it doesn't budge which I love. Now I will have to stipulate this is mainly when it's drawn on my hand, I do have oily skin and oily lids so there was a little creasing when I was wearing it without a primer so for us suffers of oily skin a primer is definitely recommended.


For overall wear-ability, I received this at work around 10 or 11am and being the kid at Christmas I am. I put it on straight away. So setting the scene by this time of day my lids are already getting quite oily, it applies really nicely and blends out to my entire lash nicely. By 2pm when I do a check, I have a few creases but they blend away easily and my eye shadow is still in place when I get home at 5pm.


So all in all, I love this product and will definitely be using it in future, and will be trying out some of the different shades within this range.

Thanks for reading!





No comments: